Greenhopper Card Print - Only first line of a gets printed

JanG November 1, 2012

Hello community,

on the card-style view I added the field "description" to the cards. When I am printing those cards (in classic view with the options in the yellow box) only the first line of this added field will be printed on the card.

I would like to have the whole field printed on the card, not only the first line.

Is there a way to do it? Or is there an alternate option to print something similar?

Thank you for your help

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

JanG,

When printing the cards in Classic GreenHopper only a certain amount of space for each field is given in an attempt to fit the almost infinite combinations to fit on the same size card for each issue-type. We do this so we can fit a number of cards in a given space for printing.

The description field is unlimited in size i.e. not limited to 255 characters like the summary, so we need to limit it somewhere. It seems the limit is too small for your needs at present. There is a style in the CSS which limits this to 3em for this type of field, so this could show up to a couple of lines max.

One workaround is be to override this in a user stylesheet (a bit of CSS that only your browser will use on a given page/domain). There are browser addons/extensions to manage user styles e.g. Stylish http://userstyles.org/ - this is one I've used recently.

The following should do the job, note it's for print media only as a safeguard:

@media print {

.gh-cards .gh-issue .gh-issue-field.gh-issue-field-textarea .gh-edit-non {

max-height:none !important;

}

}

Cheers
Martin

JanG April 25, 2013

This seems to be a good suggestion. I worked around this problem in the past, by printing each card on its own in the normal view. I will give this a try in the next project as this one has been finished :)

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Hey there is a plugin where you can at least set the font size of the description field. I've never used that plugin though. It's a commercial plugin btw.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.scrumprint.scrumplugin

Cheers Christian

JanG November 1, 2012

It is not exactly what I had hoped for, but could at least be a workaround. Although with the processes in my companie we will probably wait six weeks at least for a licence...

I will consider it if no other options are brought to light :)

Thank you.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hey,

if you have found a solution could you post it here? Actually I'm running into the same problem right now :-)

JanG December 5, 2012

Christian, unfortunatly I found no new answer or solution to it. I have been printing cards with one line of description for several sprints now :/

This question has still not been answered...

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

JanG,

When printing the cards in Classic GreenHopper only a certain amount of space for each field is given in an attempt to fit the almost infinite combinations to fit on the same size card for each issue-type. We do this so we can fit a number of cards in a given space for printing.

The description field is unlimited in size i.e. not limited to 255 characters like the summary, so we need to limit it somewhere. It seems the limit is too small for your needs at present. There is a style in the CSS which limits this to 3em for this type of field, so this could show up to a couple of lines max.

One workaround is be to override this in a user stylesheet (a bit of CSS that only your browser will use on a given page/domain). There are browser addons/extensions to manage user styles e.g. Stylish http://userstyles.org/ - this is one I've used recently.

The following should do the job, note it's for print media only as a safeguard:

@media print {

.gh-cards .gh-issue .gh-issue-field.gh-issue-field-textarea .gh-edit-non {

max-height:none !important;

}

}

Cheers
Martin

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2013

Added as an Answer below...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events