Greenhopper: Add Project to Existing Board?

Shelli May 7, 2013

I can't find a way to add a project to an existing Scrum board. Tell me this is possible!!

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Shelli,

you tried to change de filter of your board? You can make this change in the config tab in your Board.

Thanks.

Shelli May 7, 2013

I was typing my answer the same time you were...

Like Valentino Holderegger likes this
2 votes
Jon Marks September 23, 2014

Actually I've figured it out. In teh Add Shares: Everyone select the dropdown Project and select the project and Add.

Two ways to access this go to and then select 'Board > Configure' In the General tab

Or through the Board wher eyou have the options to adjust filter params theres a Details label you can click.

Basically want to find the area where you have options to: Edit Filter Shares and Edit Filter Query.

See this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Using+Filters?utm_campaign=yuX3vawa&utm_medium=navbar&utm_source=inproduct#editing_filters

2 votes
Jon Marks September 23, 2014

Yeh theres a difference here - its easy to add the project to the filter query, but the actual Edit filter with the SHARES Project: project name doesn't seem possible or I can't find how, editing just lets you change who it's shared with not the projects. I think thats the key here. Anyone know how to do it?

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 11.22.41.png

2 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

1. Go to your Agile Board

2. Click Extras->Configure

3. Click "Edit Filter"

4. Add your project

5. Click "Save"

6. Then the filter appears; change this filter (add project and so on)

7. Save the filter

8. Ready!

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi Shelli, did it help you? Please mark your question as answered :-)

1 vote
Shelli May 7, 2013

Found it!

Click on the name of the "Saved Filter" for the board. Then, there's a drop down box at the top with a prefix of "Project:". Click that and then you can choose other projects to add.

Not very intuitive, but doable.

Nice, this is the correct way :).

Congrats Shelli.

Thanks

0 votes
Chad DeShaw February 27, 2017

I have the same issue, I added the second prjoect to Shares but it doesn't show in the board, I tried editing the filter but I keep getting nothing back or a syntax error. Is this not correct:

project = test and project = test1 ORDER BY Rank ASC
0 votes
Mathieson Sterling August 16, 2014

I actually have the same problem - I update my filter to add a "AND project=" statement. Now the filter shows the issues for the other project, but doesn't show it on the Scrum board.

zubin June 3, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer