In our way of working we use the Original Time Estimate for estimation and "Remaining Remaining Estimate and Time Spent" when calculating burndown chart. (In the configuration of the rapid board)
Then we create a Story MyStory and sub-tasks in them, and say a sub task A is estimated to 3days and a second sub task B is estimated to 1 day
First problem is that MyStory time estimation Original Estimate shows empty and remaining shows 3+1 = 4days. The logical thing would be that Original Estimate of the story would also be 3+1 = 4 days.
Second problem: We update the subtask A work log by saying that we have worked 1 day on it and then we think we are done with it so we move it to Done. Now still the remaining time estimate shows 2 days for A and 3 days for MyStory and the burndown chart shows also wrong. The correct way of handling this would be that remaining time would automatically would be set to 0 when moving the task to done and put the "remaining time" in another variable using for calculating estimation accuracy.
Hi everyone, I am Marek, a Senior Product Manager for Crowd Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. I would like to spark a discussion about challenges you have with managing use...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs