Grant anyone permission to view a scrum rapid board

chadjones October 2, 2012

We have projects in Jira that are configured to let the Anyone group browse the project. Those people can view the issue details just fine without logging in, but if they try to view the same issue on a Rapid Board, they are prompted to log in. I was looking at GHS-1374 which made me think this would be possible since in that case people were asking for permissions to be different in GH whereas I'm expecting them to be the same.

My reason for doing this is because I have about 20 developers working on internal corporate applications that have access to create/modify issues, but I want other people in our company to be able to see where their request (issue) ranks and therefore get an idea how long before they can expect to see something done on it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chadjones October 24, 2012

This is now fixed in GreenHopper 6.0.6

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Chad,

I think if you tried something similar to this, it may be what you're looking for:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/HowTo%3A+Show+Rapid+Boards+prior+to+Login

chadjones October 11, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like for people to see the Plan view and not just the Work view. I did appreciate your note about removing the login gadget on the system dashboard though; very helpful!

I did notice that this was identified as a bug and should be fixed in GreenHopper 6.0.5. I'll update that and see how it goes.

Suggest an answer