Global Permissions - Problem

Brian Draper August 18, 2014

Hello Jira Experts,

Not 100% sure if this is possible but I will explain what I would like to happen and you guys can let me know if it is feasible

I have created multiple Groups which I would like all users including clients to have the ability to view all users which are available in Jira.

This is fairly easy just go to Global Permissions and assign Give access to the user group. This will allow the user change the reporter and filter out by an existing person in Jira.

My Problem:

I would like them to only view people who are in the specific user group which they are in, is there any permissions which I can configure which will let me do this. I would like this to be at group level as certain groups will need access to view all users in Jira so If I can configure this as group level it would be more benefical.

Regards

Brian

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

There is no such option in jira - either you give browse all users permission to a certain group, either you don't allow to see other users at all.

As the complex workaround - you can switch off the browse users permissions and implement your own user fields that will behave in the way you want.

Thanks didn't think their was as I couldn't find the way to do it any where

What fields would I configure to do that though? Custom Field?

How would I set this up?

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

As I've told - that is complex workaround, that requires development. You should develop user-based customfields as alternative to existing to show only users insside the same groups (I suppose you should develop assignee and reporter fields too and automatically update source ones)

0 votes
Brian Draper August 19, 2014

Not Possible without code changes

0 votes

Thanks didn't think their was as I couldn't find the way to do it any where

What fields would I configure to do that though? Custom Field?

Suggest an answer