Gliffy Diagram on another page with Edit option - It is possible?

What I want to achive?

I created a Gliffy diagram on one Page and I what to show the same Gliffy diagram on another page with Gliffy edit option (look screen below)

It is possible do this without using {include}/{excerpt}/{excerpt include} macros.

When I try copy/paste gliffy diagram in editor I recive below error.

FIRST SITE with Gliffy Diagram

Second Site I copy/paste gliffy diagram

When I save X page I recive

test = Name of Gliffy diagram on Conf Sandbox page

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Maciej,

If you want to use a Gliffy diagram as a template for another diagram (or "copy" it) you would want to follow the directions "Create a New Diagram Based on an Existing Diagram":

If you do not want the diagram to be linked to the original, then you should NOT check the "Link to Original Diagram" box.

If you have further questions, please email

Katy, Gliffy Support

Additional Question:

What this Link to Original Diagram do?

If I marked this option it means if I change something on new diagram this change will be copied to origincal diagram?

O I found answer on my question :) on the same site ;)

Insert an Existing Diagram

You can also insert an existing diagram into a new page without creating a new diagram. Note that, in the case of an inserted diagram, if you select the option to Link to Original Diagram, any changes will affect the original diagram and will be reflected anywhere that diagram appears. If you leave this unchecked, it will create a new diagram that is not tied to the original.

Super thx for help Katy

I think you need to copy the Gliffy diagram- page and use it that way in excerpt as I believe Confluence treats Gliffy diagram as a page with edit option.

But I do not want copy Gliffy Diagram :)

Right. I think that is the only way you can do that if you are not using excerpt macro as if you try to copy and paste Gliffy diagram, Confluence will think you are referencing the page withing the same page. (or I still do not understand what you are trying to achieve :) )

You understand it... I will do it by include page or excerpt.. it is somekind of workaround...

I hope that that Gliffy macro can show gliffy pictures from other pages :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

67 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot