GitFlow "broken" on v 0.9.3.0?

Johan Leino May 20, 2013

Hey,

after upgrading to v 0.9.3.0 I get this whenever starting a new feature (test in this example):

git flow feature start test

git: 'flow' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

Did you mean one of these?

reflog

show

The repo has been initialized before and worked with previous version (click-once btw)
Ideas?

Update
I get this on a fresh repo when trying to init GitFlow:
git flow init -d
git: 'flow' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
Did you mean one of these?
reflog
show

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

We did change how git-flow was located in 0.9.3, in order to fix a couple of problems with the 'rebase' option of finishing features and releases, however I've tested this on a couple of machines without any issues, using both the system Git install and embedded Git install. Both init and other functions appear to work fine.

The change was that instead of directly calling the git-flow script, we add its location to the PATH, which allows it to call itself. The location is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local, can you check if that exists for you? If it does, can you confirm the full path?

Johan Leino May 21, 2013

No, that location is not in my PATH.
However, I added this manually %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow and that seemed to do the trick.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Sorry, I actually meant that SourceTree adds this to the PATH of the git process when it calls it - it doesn't alter your global PATH. It's interesting that adding this to your PATH worked though, that makes me wonder if your PATH is already quite long or something like that which is stopping the SourceTree addition to the git processes PATH from working?

Johan Leino May 21, 2013
Ah, ok got it. No my Path ain't that long. It's not a permission issue?? Also, note that the location I added wasn't the same as you posted but that might have been a typo on your side perhaps!?
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

Sorry, I forgot to add the subfolder to the path I listed above. I'm not sure why adding it to your global PATH is any different to us adding it to the git process PATH, the latter seems to be fine here and any permissions should apply both ways.

What I've done instead for the next version is to use a middle ground where we call the git-flow script explicitly (like we did in 0.9.2.3), but *also* add the gitflow scripts to the git processes PATH to resolve the recursive call issues that came about from using the 'rebase' option. Hopefully that should resolve your issue since the former worked for you before, while also solving the problem that had been raised by others.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Same here: fit flow does not work anymore after updating...

Trying to perform a hotfix results in:

git flow hotfix start TST1
bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

/bin/sh: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow: No such file or directory

fatal: 'flow' appears to be a git command, but we were not
able to execute it. Maybe git-flow is broken?

Completed with errors, see above.

Questions/Hints:

* Which tmp is being looked after?

* C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\gitflow_local\gitflow\git-flow exists for sure on my machine ...

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2013

Updating to SourceTree 0.9.4 resolves my issues described above

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events