Getting installation error

For some reason I can't install source tree on windows 8.

It either does not initiate the install app at all and shows this error: "An error occurred trying to download 'http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTree.application'."

Or it starts it and on the first download it gets stuck at 158KB. After a while the installer closes and shows an error log containing this error:

"

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [29/03/2013 15:21:08] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)

- Downloading http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/Application Files/SourceTree_0_9_0_5/extras/licenses/GongDragDrop.htm.deploy did not succeed.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()

at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.Net.WebException

- Unable to connect to the remote server

- Source: System

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

--- Inner Exception ---

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

- A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 63.246.22.204:80

- Source: System

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

"
I have no problem acessing the internet or downloading either through the browser or windows 8 Store apps.
Can anyone help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It worked after a few windows updates installs and a system reboot. Thnx anyway

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

30 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you