Getting an issue to send an email with a field.

Kevin McClennen October 14, 2012

Basically I have a project, a workflow, an event to fire emails, and other configurations set up. I just need help figuring out if this is possible (with jira or a plugin.)

In my workflow, I have a step once the issue is opened for a user to select a "request more Info" button. If this is selected I wanted to be able to email a specific person by entering in an email address. Can it be done? If so please provide link / steps. If you need more info you can email me directly at kmcclennen@wingspan.com

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

If it isn't a valid user in Jira, you could use the Jira Enterprise Mail Handler (JEMH). It's quite good. I like it alot. It exposes the velocity templates a bit more so that you can create a kind of event you are looking for. If not, it can be a bunch of messing around with your global templates, or creating a new one and inserting it into the options that will allow you to fire such an event mail.

Kevin McClennen October 15, 2012

This seems to be moving me in the correct place but I am still not fully sure on how to configure it. I found this link (https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/Route+JIRA+and+Non-JIRA+emails+into+custom+fields#) which appears to be what I want but like I just stated, still am not having luck. The steps are vauge.

Kevin McClennen November 7, 2012

Bump.......

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Hey Kevin, happy to help you get this working, I think that entry was an early draft, did you see the one right next door, it starts at creating the custom field and takes you all the way through. If you have any problems, just comment.

- https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/Enable+non+JIRA+Account+holders+to+receive+issue+updates

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

Is that a valid user in JIRA? If so, you capure him in a user custom field and then use the notification scheme to send him a mail.

If not, you will have to write a new post function or some scripts to do this.

Suggest an answer