Generating a Burn-up or Build-up chart

arun chakrabarty May 20, 2013

I was trying to figure out how to configure Jira 5.2 to show me the overall project's story point build-up/burn-up chart for a scrum board.

At present, Jira 5.2 can be configured to show the story point burndown for a single sprint.

But I need to see the burn-up (or even a burn-down) across sprints.

In other words, if a project comprises of 3 sprints and overall 80 story points and in sprint 1, the team delivered 20 story points, in sprint 2, 30 story points and in sprint 3, 20 story points, I should be able to see the cumulative buildup/burn-up of 70 points that the team delivered out of the total 80 story points in a chart with X-axis being sprint number and Y-axis being the total story points.

Is that something that can be configured in the current Jira 5.2? If no, is there a plugin for it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2013

Hey there, Arun.

As of now, neither JIRA nor GreenHopper has the ability to show the Burndown Chart for all / multple sprints in that particular project. However, there is already an open ticket that is discussing this matter. Make sure you add yourself as a watcher and vote for it too:

Hope this helps to clear things on your side.

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
arun chakrabarty June 6, 2013

Thanks. This helps.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2013

Hey there, Arun.

You are welcome. Glad to be able to help you with it.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events