Gadget Icon not on Dashboard

Roy Roy July 16, 2012

The Gadget icon does not appear on the dashboard of the users of the Jira Project I created, not giving them the ability to create their own customized dashboard. Also there is no capability to edit any of the default gadgets. I've tried restoring the default system dashboard but this seems to have not any effect.

How do I give them this capability?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

if you create a dashboard, others cannot edit them. only you the owner. if other users wish to create their own dashboard, they should go to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards. Do your users see "Create new dashboard" on this page?

Roy Roy July 16, 2012

This answered my question. :) One has to create their own dashboard. If they do this starting from Dashboards > Manage Dashboards and then using the System Dashboard option, they will have the Gadget icon and be able to configure their dashboards as they wish.

Thanks Tanner.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

glad i could help. be sure to mark your question as answered. :)

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2012

glad i could help. be sure to mark your question as answered. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events