Funny Dates (created/updated) after JIRA upgrade

T January 17, 2013

After a JIRA upgrade from 3.x to 4.4.5 to 5.2.4.1, I now have funny dates in my issues. If I look at the details of one issue, the dates are fine. But when executing a filter, I get created and updated dates in the year 80317711 and the likes (04-Jun-71230394). When I select them to do to the details, the date seems correct again.

Did anyone ever get that same surprise on a quiet Friday afternoon?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Did you try reindexing?

T January 19, 2013

Yes, I did. No difference.

T January 19, 2013

Ha! Reindexing didn't make a difference just like that. But changing something (I added a custom field) and then reindexing did fix the problem.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Interesting.

0 votes
T January 19, 2013

They are fine as you would expect because they are fine if you look the issues individually. The dates are only funny when looking at them in an overview, like after filtering.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013

What are the actual values in the database?

Suggest an answer