Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fundamental question for using code coverage with clover

clover newbie November 17, 2011

Hello All,

I am new to using clover tool and have some specific questions on code coverage using clover.

I have a separate machine from where I have run my automated functional tests and this machine will be configured to connect to other specific machnies via shm proxy. I am assuming that once I have clover.db with has reference to all of the source code that is installed in other machines that my test machine is configured to talk to can I do the folloiwng:

1) I can port the clover.db to my test machine where I will be running my testNG suites

2) Add clover.jar to teh class path and run my testNG suites and clover_html file will be generated

3) Then as a final step run the following command to get clover reports:

java com.cenqua.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html

Can somebody confirm if these steps are valid?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2011

In principle, that's about it. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Clover+Command+Line+Tools

To use the tools in your build system, the synopsis is:

1. Copy and instrument your source files using CloverInstr.
  2. Compile the instrumented source files using a standard java compiler.
  3. Execute your tests using whatever framework.
  4. (Optional) If you have multiple separate coverage databases, merge them using CloverMerge.
  5. Use either the XmlReporter, HtmlReporter , PDFReporter or ConsoleReporter to view the measured coverage results.

But why are you using command line tools ? There's a nice ant / maven integration for clover.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events