I am new to using clover tool and have some specific questions on code coverage using clover.
I have a separate machine from where I have run my automated functional tests and this machine will be configured to connect to other specific machnies via shm proxy. I am assuming that once I have clover.db with has reference to all of the source code that is installed in other machines that my test machine is configured to talk to can I do the folloiwng:
1) I can port the clover.db to my test machine where I will be running my testNG suites
2) Add clover.jar to teh class path and run my testNG suites and clover_html file will be generated
3) Then as a final step run the following command to get clover reports:
java com.cenqua.clover.reporters.html.HtmlReporter -i clover.db -o clover_html
Can somebody confirm if these steps are valid?
In principle, that's about it. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOVER/Clover+Command+Line+Tools
To use the tools in your build system, the synopsis is:
- Copy and instrument your source files using CloverInstr.
- Compile the instrumented source files using a standard java compiler.
- Execute your tests using whatever framework.
- (Optional) If you have multiple separate coverage databases, merge them using CloverMerge.
- Use either the XmlReporter, HtmlReporter , PDFReporter or ConsoleReporter to view the measured coverage results.
But why are you using command line tools ? There's a nice ant / maven integration for clover.
Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG