Free text Custom field searcher for a select box custom field

Kepio March 22, 2012

I create a custom field that very much look like a multi select field ( the transport object is a Map<String, Collection<Option>> ) - I am now trying to write the custom field searcher for it. I want to provide a simple input box for the searching ( so that the options of my custom field do not get listed).

My custom field searcher can extend TextSearcher, but it seems like getSingularObjectFromString is always called - and this returns an option ( preventing me to do searches like myoption* ...

Do you have any references/hints for me?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kepio March 22, 2012

I found a way to solve my problem ! ( following the excellent book from Matt Doar : Practical Jira Plugin) -

For future reference:

I created a custom transformer class that extends the FreeTextCustomFieldSearchInputTransformer but modified the getFieldValueAsString function to not call getSingularObjectFromString for the custom field transport.

The wiring of the transformer with the custom field search is done in the init class of the searcher:

public void init(CustomField field) {

final FieldIndexer indexer = new MultiCascadingSelectCustomFieldIndexer(fieldVisibilityManager, field);
        this.searcherInformation = new CustomFieldSearcherInformation(field.getId(), field.getNameKey(), Collections.&lt;FieldIndexer&gt;singletonList(indexer), new AtomicReference&lt;CustomField&gt;(field));

final ClauseNames names = field.getClauseNames();
        this.searchInputTransformer = new FreeTextMultiSelectCustomFieldSearchInputTransformer(field, names, searcherInformation.getId(), customFieldInputHelper);

final CustomFieldValueProvider customFieldValueProvider = new SingleValueCustomFieldValueProvider();
        this.searchRenderer = new CustomFieldRenderer(names, getDescriptor(), field, customFieldValueProvider, fieldVisibilityManager);

this.customFieldSearcherClauseHandler = new SimpleAllTextCustomFieldSearcherClauseHandler(
                new FreeTextFieldValidator(field.getId(), jqlOperandResolver),
                new FreeTextClauseQueryFactory(jqlOperandResolver, field.getId()),
                OperatorClasses.TEXT_OPERATORS, JiraDataTypes.TEXT);

}

1 vote
Hector Palacios October 22, 2012

Hello,

How does that exactly work? Does it autocomplete as you type with an item from the list?

I would like to have a custom field that is a single selection list, but my list needs to have lots of items, and I would like to be able to search an item on the list by typing text in a box and have it autocomplete with the available items that match (similar to what the 'assignee' field does with users. Is that how your plugin works?

Thanks

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Did you find a solution for the autocomplete on select fields problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events