Forward all unprocess/error e-mails to an e-mail address

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

We have a service in jira to create issues from emails using JEMH, the ForwardEmail is added in the service and I was expecting unprocess/error e-mails all go to this e-mail address, but instead the sender got the error message e-mails, e.g. JEMH has rejected your email, n problem(s) were found, etc.

How can I forward all unprocess/error e-mails to an e-mail address? Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

There is an override in the configuration file that redirects all hintogram traffic to a specific unlucky person, in 0.9.x see the entry in the example-emh.properties file in the JAR:

overrideHintOgramEmailAddress=someaddress@someco.com

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

Andy,

I did check there is the following property in the file, but I tried today and the external user (sender from hotmail ) still got error message. I put my e-mail address in the configuration file and I didn't get any message. Did I miss anything? Thanks

overrideHintOgramEmailAddress=myaddress@myco.com

error e-mail received by sender:

Date: 28 May 2012 12:45:36 PM AEST

To:<sender@hotmail.com>

Subject: [JIRA] hint.reject.email.subject

text.hint.hello

text.hint.reject.fieldcount.summary

text.hint

---------

text.hint.message : No project could be assocaited with the email

text.hint.detail : com.javahollic.jira.emh.engine.IssueCreationHelper.configureProject():297

text.hint

---------

text.hint.message : The configured default project could not be found

text.hint.detail : com.javahollic.jira.emh.engine.IssueCreationHelper.configureProject():316

text.hint.caused.rejection

text.hint

---------

text.hint.message : Insufficient valid information was found, no issue was created.

text.hint.email.orginal.email

-----------------------------

text.hint.email.subject

-----------------------

Testing with change in subject

text.hint.email.sent.date

-------------------------

2012-05-28 12:45:09,000

text.hint.email.received.date

-----------------------------

2012-05-28 12:45:10,000

text.hint.email.from

--------------------

text.hint.email.from.detail.format

- text.hint.email.address sender@hotmail.com / text.hint.email.personal sender / text.hint.email.mapped.jira.user text.hint.email.mapped.jira.user.unknown

text.hint.email.to

------------------

text.hint.email.to.detail.format

- text.hint.email.address Jiradatafeed.Support@myco.com.au / text.hint.email.personal Jira Datafeed Support

text.hint.email.headers

-----------------------

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

Andy,

Just found in the log file -

No override Recipient for hintOgrams found, using default From: for recipient

But I did put my email address in the config properties file with overrideHintOgramEmailAddress=(my-email-address)

Can you help? Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2012

That should work, suggest opening a JIRA, providing more details, versions etc.

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

Andy,

I have attached the log and emh properties in the following:

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH-752

Can you help? Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

I think you need to secure that issue between Reporter and Developer, not Reporter and Atlassian. Im not employed by Atlassian :)

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

Thanks for that, issue updated.

Suggest an answer