Form Validation not working for Dialog Box fields

I am using jquery validation plugin to validate for my fields. It works fine for normal form fields but it fails to validate for Dialog2 form fields.

<script>

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

$("#actorform").validate();

});

</script>

<div class="aui-dialog2-content">

<form class="aui actorform" action="#" name="jiraform" id="actorform" method="post">

<div class="content">
            <div class="field-group">
                <label for="summary">Actor<span class="aui-icon icon-required">Required</span></label>
                <input type="text" value="" name="actor" id="actor" class="text long-field" data-aui-validation-field data-aui-validation-required="required" required>
            </div>

</div>
    </form>
</div>

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

It'd be useful to know the version of AUI you are using (you can check with `AJS.version` in the console)

If you are using AUI <= 5.8, you will need to call `require([aui/form-validaiton])` to have the validation work correctly.

The tags indicate you're looking at version 5.9.0 of the docs, here is a demo of form validation working on that version: http://jsbin.com/yudese/edit?html,js,output

Hi Joshua, I followed your jsbin code it works fine when you just use enter button but the moment I add a footer inside the dialog box with submit button it do not validates the field.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

22 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you