Force code reviews

Colin Griffiths May 8, 2012

As part of our agile aims we would like to enforce agile One-to-One code Reviews in crucible rather than relying on the developer to instigate the review. Is this possible?

I started creating a new workflow to achieve this and was about to apply to an existing project but it prompted me to ensure an xml backup was taken first - just in case of issues. I guess this would be something.

So I guess my question is: Is there a simple option to enforce code reviews. If not then am I taking the best approach with a modified workflow and if so how do I get the XML backup performed?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Taler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

A client of mine was facing a similar problem, code reviews needed to be performed and audited for compliance reasons.

We chose not to create reviews automatically because choosing reviewers and deciding which commits belong together is not feasible. (Assuming that's the workflow change you are considering.)

Instead I created a plugin to easily report on coverage per branch, which is checked for delivery milestones. It's called Flyover and is available on marketplace.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events