Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye Search Results need to show the line(s) of code where results are found.

Edward Scanzano May 22, 2012

Hi

When I do a search in Fisheye I get a hyperlinked list of files back. That is good.

What I need is a list that looks like this (searching for "LOCK_MAP_NAME"), or some functional equivalent:

A.java _________________________

<some code>LOCK_MAP_NAME<some more code>

B.java _________________________

The idea is that for each line of code where LOCK_MAP_NAME appears I get a line in the search result that is hyperlinked (and externally referencable, so I can email the link to someone) and takes me to the exact line of code in the source code view.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hi NoNameItialian,

I'm afraid this is not possible with Crucible out of the box, nor with any plugin that I am aware of.

If you wanted to get a view like this, you would have to customize the Crucible source code in some way, or create a plugin. We have documentation on how to create a plugin, but we also have a network of experts that you can contract this kind of work with as well.

Hope this helps,

-Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events