Feature request for answers.atlassian.com: why is JQL not included in one of the languages for code insertion?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Why is JQL not included in one of the languages for code insertion?

Maybe this should be added as a New Feature request on https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa but there is no component for this site there.

Generally, I'm not sure of the best place to raise issues anyway - here gets more traffic, over there can sit for a long time without comments added.... :-(

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

If you think it's necessary, you should create a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=12290&issuetype=2&Create=Create

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Why not? It's the Answers project on jira.atlassian.com.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Now that I look at it I don't think one creates feature requests over there for answers.atlassian.com

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Sorry, I missed that. Done. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-586

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

... and now ANSWERS-586 is protected from public viewing for some reason.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

@s2S i'm not having a problem clicking on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-586

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

maybe it's visible only to you (reporter) and Atlassian?

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Maybe its just me, but I have never seen anything called syntaxhighlighter. When I googled it, it appears to be an independant thing and not part the standard JIRA product. If that is the case then you would be best to contact the authors of that product.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Not following this comment, I raised an issue about functionality on answers.atlassian.com

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

ah, that makes much more sense then. Thanks for the clarification.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

I corrected my tag and updated the title to make it clear I am talking about functinality on answers.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer