Failed connect to

I am attempting to use SourceTree to clone a valid shared repository in Bitbucket. After entering the source/path for the repo into the Clone Reporitory screen, i receive an error message "This is not a valid source path / URL". Selecting the details button shows the error message "fatal: unable to access '': Failed connect to; No error"

Error Details

We are sitting behind a proxy, but the proxy setting have been set up correctly inside SouceTree because we can see the repository name appear when we select the globe icon to the right of the "source path / url" field.

Screengrab - Hosted Repositories

Can someone please let me know why this setting is not going through the proxy and help me with this setup??

2 answers

Tools->options->Network tab, verify your settingsNetworksettings.png

Worked a treat, thank you very much for your help :-)

Signed up just to say thank you for this suggestion. It was the "Add proxy server configuration to Git / Mercurial" checkbox that I hadn't done. After that, things started working.

Worked like a charm ! Thank you sir, you saved my day.

It worked perfectly. Thank you.

awesome working ! thanks brother

OMG! such a simple solution and hours of desperation! thank you

I had the same issue

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

158 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot