FULL migration from RT: Request Tracker to Jira

IgorM May 16, 2012

Good day, I need to migrate tikets and bugs from RT: Request Tracker to Jira ..

One of the answer here ... http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257298698

BUT, I don't know how to migrate attachments and links! This is the big problem! Do you have any ideas or recomendations?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

If you have access to the database of attachment information, the related file system of attachments files, and the associated JIRA issue it has been migrated to, then you can easily use JIRA Command Line Interface to add the attachments using runFromSql together with addAttachment actions.

IgorM May 16, 2012

Thaks a lot, I will try..

2 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

Not sure how RT stores these, if they are in the filesystem or in the it will be worth to extend the JIM plugin and add few RT specific import handlers.

Source is available in the JIRA source code distribution under jira-importers-plugin

good luck

1 vote
Ian Walker June 12, 2023

@IgorM Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but did you ever manage this?

If yes, how did you do it?  I am looking to do the same.  I can export the RT data as .tsv and convert it to .tsv, but, as you said, it seems to be lacking data.

Are there any Jira plugins that can help?

Joe Pursel October 12, 2023

I am looking to migrate data from Request Tracker to Cloud JSM. Any information is appreciated. We already have JSM Cloud in place.

Thanks,

Joe

Suggest an answer