External DB Config throws Java Exception AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator

I have installed Bamboo v4.3.1 build 3400 on Ubuntu 12.04, created a dedicated bamboo user, started the server as the bamboo user. The server starts and I can get to the setup wizard.

When I use Express Install, I get a message that says the express install failed, I should choose another option. I've configured MySQL, installed the JDBC driver, created the MySQL bamboo database and user. When I complete the external database form for the Custom Install option, I receive an error message as follows:

Database configuration failed:

Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource applicationContextManagers.xml ; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher

I have installed Oracle Java 1.8.0-ea

The logs contain no data.

2 answers

1 vote

Hi there,

I believe that Oracle Java 1.8 (Early Access) is not compatible with Bamboo 4.3.x yet. Please follow the Supported Platform for Bamboo 4.3.x below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Supported+platforms

Cheers,
Vicky.

If you're running Ubuntu-12.04 and installed Java with the oracle-java8-installer package, just install the oracle-java7-installer package and run "sudo update-alternatives --config java" / "sudo update-alternatives --config javac" to default to Java 7

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

68 views 4 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you