Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External DB Config throws Java Exception AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator

lshepstone November 20, 2012

I have installed Bamboo v4.3.1 build 3400 on Ubuntu 12.04, created a dedicated bamboo user, started the server as the bamboo user. The server starts and I can get to the setup wizard.

When I use Express Install, I get a message that says the express install failed, I should choose another option. I've configured MySQL, installed the JDBC driver, created the MySQL bamboo database and user. When I complete the external database form for the Custom Install option, I receive an error message as follows:

Database configuration failed:

Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource applicationContextManagers.xml ; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher

I have installed Oracle Java 1.8.0-ea

The logs contain no data.

2 answers

1 vote
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2012

Hi there,

I believe that Oracle Java 1.8 (Early Access) is not compatible with Bamboo 4.3.x yet. Please follow the Supported Platform for Bamboo 4.3.x below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Supported+platforms

Cheers,
Vicky.

0 votes
margol December 17, 2012

If you're running Ubuntu-12.04 and installed Java with the oracle-java8-installer package, just install the oracle-java7-installer package and run "sudo update-alternatives --config java" / "sudo update-alternatives --config javac" to default to Java 7

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events