Exporting values to excel from work log drop-down list

Hi,

I have created custom worklog attributes including a dynamic drop-down using /rest/tempo-rest/1.0/accounts/json/getDynamicDropdown/|1|2|3|4|5|.... When I export my Temop report/list to Excel it exports the INDEX of the drop-down values but not the values, which is not useful to me. Is this a bug? How can I export the values from the drop-down list to excel?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Lusine,

Tempo returns the index, but this does not need to ba a number. You can use the same values as the index indicates. So f.x. instead of using

...getDynamicDropdown/|1|2|3|4/Please Select|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue

you can use

...getDynamicDropdown/|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue/Please Select|Red|Yellow|Green|Blue

Kind regards,

Susanne

It worked! Thank you Susanne!

1 vote

I'd say it's a bug in Tempo. Jira moved from storing the text of options to storing a pointer to option (a much better way to do it) quite a while ago, and I suspect that Tempo hasn't kept up with that

However that would surprise me. I'd have expected Tempo to fix that pretty quickly, certainly by now given how long ago it changed.

What version of Tempo and Jira are you on?

I am on JIRA v6.1.2 and Tempo Timesheets - 7.8.2 ... both of them are pretty new I think.

Mmm, yes, I'd raise this with Tempo. It should be able to handle the new select lists by now (I say "new", I'm looking at Jira 4.4 I think!)

Thank you for your help Nic, do you know how I can report a bug to Tempo? Or should I just send an email to Tempo support?

Never mind, I am all set. Was able to report the bug. Thanks for your support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

268 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you