Export to Excel for multiple filters

AlanR January 22, 2013

One of our JIRA users has created dashboards to give an overview of (aspects) of a project.

These dashboards are presentations of the results of 5 or 6 saved filters.

This works well as a dynamic list.

The question now is how they can export this overview to PDF, Word or Excel as a snapshot at certain milestone events.

Is there any way of doing this?

(Opening each filter individually, exporting and then combining the multiple documents into one is an option - but this is awkward)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

I'd suggest writing a VBA macro. It should be pretty easy importing the filters into seperate XLS files (adressing the filter URL) and combining them to a single sheet (Assuming that the filter names don't change)...

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
Another possibility is to use firefox in command mode and save as pdf . Remember doing it once, it requires an add on to be put into firefox. Probably chrome also can do it.
AlanR January 28, 2013

Renjith, Thanks for the suggestion.

(What do you mean with 'command mode'?)

I've been looking into printing to pdf - but so far no satisfactory way of doing this. The only Firefox mechanisms for saving to pdf that I can find use external websites that - unsurprisingly - return a message that they cannot access our internal corporate JIRA site. Chrome does have a 'print to pdf' option but the text is saved too large for the text boxes resulting in text and whole issues and even lists of issues being truncated.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

http://www.abeel.be/content/command-line-printing-firefox

The was what I used, ages back. That add-on is not maintained any more in Firefox.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2015

Export JIRA dashboards to PDF documents with the PDF View Plugin!

Although the list of supported gadgets is somewhat limited (it is growing though!), the Filter Results gadget is already supported. As you mentioned, you'd do this at regular milestones, you should consider making this totally automatic!

Here is the tutorial for dashboards and another one for automating the exports.

Suggest an answer