Export database to local file system

We have installed JIRA on VMWare VM with Ubuntu 11.10.

At the moment I am unable to log into the VM - maybe the user has some problem. We are working on this, but in the mean while I would like to be able to back the database onto another machine (my local desktop).

The back up functionality in JIRA backs up at /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/export on same machine as the JIRA installation.

Is there any way I can back up on to another machine - like my own desktop, in case I have to recreate the VM and re-install JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Thank you for the answer and your time! We did try to recover/reset the user's password, but the profile seems to have got corrupted.

We are trying stuff on the side, but as a solution have installed jira afresh and re-configuring :-(

Hi Krupa

Since JIRA 4.1.2, the user is unable to change the default backup directory. However, if your instance is an upgrade from this kind of version, you might be able to change it through UI.

For further details, please have a look to the following documentation: (please refer to the blue box)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Automating+JIRA+Backups

So, I believe that the options are:

1. Try to connect to the database server from your machine. You can do that using another JIRA installation/instance or through a database management tool

2. Restoring the system password. Perhaps you may find many options on Google, as the following one:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/24006/how-do-i-reset-a-lost-administrative-password

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Thank you for the answer and your time! We did try to recover/reset the user's password, but the profile seems to have got corrupted. We are trying stuff on the side, but have installed jira afresh and re-configuring :-(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

54 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you