Export and import Project configuration within the same instance of Jira

Bjarne.Sehested March 4, 2014

How is it Possible to Export and import Project configuration within the same instance of Jira?

I've tried to and both export and import was ok, but there is no new project to be seen in the project list, what have I misunderstood or doing wrong?

BR

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Hi Bjarne,

Try this plugin :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager

I m using it and is a good one !

Regards,

Sven.

2 votes
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Import works in the same way, even if the configuration file was exported from the same instance of JIRA.

But if you export and immediately import into the same instance the plugin will do nothing, because it will find that the configuration described in the XML file already exists in the destination instance, so it does not have to apply any changes. In order for this scenario (export/import into the same instance) to be of any practical use, you have to change somehow the configuration file.

For example, if you export, change the project key and name in the XML configuration file, and load the file into the same instance then you have actually cloned the project, creating a new empty project which has the same configuration as the original, with another key and name.

Bjarne.Sehested March 20, 2014

Not possible the import fails

José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2014
Could you send the XML file and the load trace to our support email account (support at awnaba.com)?
Bjarne.Sehested March 26, 2014

Hi Jose

Just send you an email with XML

0 votes
Ramon Canelo March 26, 2014

I've no problem cloning projects the way Jose explain is his comment above.

0 votes
AntonioP March 26, 2014

It works for me! And it's an easy way to clone a project!

Bjarne, Perhaps a typo editing the file?

Regards.

Suggest an answer