Export and import Project configuration within the same instance of Jira

How is it Possible to Export and import Project configuration within the same instance of Jira?

I've tried to and both export and import was ok, but there is no new project to be seen in the project list, what have I misunderstood or doing wrong?

BR

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
4 votes

Hi Bjarne,

Try this plugin :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager

I m using it and is a good one !

Regards,

Sven.

Import works in the same way, even if the configuration file was exported from the same instance of JIRA.

But if you export and immediately import into the same instance the plugin will do nothing, because it will find that the configuration described in the XML file already exists in the destination instance, so it does not have to apply any changes. In order for this scenario (export/import into the same instance) to be of any practical use, you have to change somehow the configuration file.

For example, if you export, change the project key and name in the XML configuration file, and load the file into the same instance then you have actually cloned the project, creating a new empty project which has the same configuration as the original, with another key and name.

Not possible the import fails

Could you send the XML file and the load trace to our support email account (support at awnaba.com)?

Hi Jose

Just send you an email with XML

It works for me! And it's an easy way to clone a project!

Bjarne, Perhaps a typo editing the file?

Regards.

I've no problem cloning projects the way Jose explain is his comment above.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Canada

TOPIC TUESDAY - Fav Scary Monster!

Hey folks and happy Topic Tuesday! In the spirit of Halloween and all things scary, today's topic is what is your favourite horror movie monster. My personal choice here would be Jason from the Frida...

7 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you