Export all of MediaWiki into Confluence

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011

Does the UWC "spider" through all of the wiki pages on our server and import them into Confluence? Or is this done on a page-by-page basis?

If it's done on a page-by-page basis, has anyone exported MediaWiki pages into Confluence via batch file or some equivalent?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011

The UWC exports from your database. By default it will export all the pages from your Main, User and any custom namespaces, but there are many settings for altering the export, including adjusting the SQL calls with properties.

See UWC Mediawiki Notes - Exporter for details.

Jonathan Jergens November 1, 2013

Hello,

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find on the wiki for UWC:
1) What is a valid directory for the properties file on windows? In your example you have /Users/My/Desktop, but for windows it would be a C:\Users\My\Desktop. Which one is correct? If your wiki is correct, how do I select a different drive letter(where my media wiki actually resides)?

2) To connect to the database, you have dbUrl=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306. Is that a default that should work, or do I need to customize it? If it isn't a default, could you point me in the right direction as to how to find it?

I was sort of left with this MediaWiki with nothing really in the way of documentation. I have the DB username and password and such, but I don't have much experience with SQL or the like. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

Jon
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

For visibility, I recommend asking a new question. That way you have a broader audience you are asking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events