Excluding items in a TOC

skip.hanson August 14, 2014

Hello. I am trying to exclude certain things from a my TOC and I cant get it to work. I wanted to exclude a heading that starts with "Not this" so I added the following in the "Exclude Headings" box on the TOC editor dialog .\Not*\.

This does nothing. I cant find any examples of using this method to exclude headings. Any examples would be greatly appriciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Please try to add

"Not*"

without quotes, what for do you need dots?

skip.hanson August 14, 2014

Thanks Alexey. I tried Not*. No change. I put the dots in because I dont understand what the format is suppose to be. The example in confluence is not very helpful.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Not* does not work.

The correct expression would be:

• Not.*
  • Not this.*
  • Not th.*
  • or anything similiar and in between

In other words:

Don't forget to add a "." which makes sure that the beginning of your expression (here: "Not this") can be followed by basically anything.

For more explanation also check:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/TOC-Macro-Exclude-two-headings-with-different-names/qaq-p/95702

Suggest an answer