Excerpt include macro

ashan July 1, 2013

I understand that this macro works across-space in latest versions. My question is, if I use it to pull content from space A to B, will the relative links now point to pages in space B as it should?

3 answers

0 votes
ashan July 1, 2013

I am using inter-space relative links meaning the link does not contain any space key; Just the page title. So when a user clicks it, the link should direct to that specific page in the current space.

Say I use excerpt-include macro to pull content from space A to B. Ideally, inter-space, relative links in space A should point to space B after the macro pulls content over to space B. This does not happen so with include-page macro. My question is does it happen so in excerpt-include macro? If so I will be thrilled. :)

Thanks you so much for taking the time to answer.

0 votes
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

I think it depends on how you've done the links. It is possible to get them to always point to a specific URL using variables in a user macro (such as $space.Key) but if you use the standard way of using Confluence links then it'll always point to precise page that you're referring to.

Without any more information about what it is exactly you've done / trying to do it's hard to say.

0 votes
ashan July 1, 2013

any chance of an answer please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events