Excerpt-Include across Spaces

Rohan Dhillon August 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

Hi,

Although the article states that pages across spaces are supported with excerpt-include, I am having a tough time linking to an excerpt across a space. Seems like this issue was brought up in CONF-5752 (marked as resolved), but I'm still having trouble. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2016

What problems are you having with it?

Rohan Dhillon August 15, 2016

I am able to include an excerpt that is within the same space, but I'd like to include an excerpt from another space and the space doesn't show when I try typing the space key or page name.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2016

Do you have full read access to the space you're pulling from?  What happens if you just put the space key in without the selection choosing one?

Rohan Dhillon August 16, 2016

Hi,

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, since I am a new user there is a limit set to 3 responses a day. I do have full access to the space, in face I am the admin of the space I am pulling from. The search box isn't finding any other spaces when I type in the search box, only results that appear are the pages within the space. Looks like we are on Confluence 4.3.1, that's probably the problem, right? I think the fix was applied to 4.3.2

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2016

Ah, yes, that would explain it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events