Excel macro not working in Confluence On-Demand

Susan Parker August 23, 2012

When I used the macro for embedding an excel file in a wiki page, I was sucessful, until I could see that there was an "edit" button for the file - sweet! When I clicked it I was prompted by Firefox to install a plugin; I installed it, Firefox restarted, page reloaded. Edit button there - click it (and click it and click it) and nuthin' happens. What's going on? Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Parker October 25, 2012

UPDATE: Atlassian has reported to me (via this support ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26911 ) that this is a known bug with the new release of Confluence on Demand. Support told me this:

Hi Susan,

I figured out that it is indeed a bug regarding the last OnDemand upgrade:

The Edit in Office feature uses the Confluence Webdav to update the information on the instance.

I'd strongly suggest you to add yourself as a wacther for following further updates.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BUG FIX!

Susan Parker November 7, 2012

Atlassian fixed the bug; I have verified that the Macro now works for us in our on-demand instance.

1 vote
Vinesh Narayanan October 16, 2012

Hi Susan,

I faced the same issue some time back even though I didnt got any answers from support ticket we were able to make it work with below work around.

The Macro (excel, word) is only working on Internet Explorer, even though plug in installed in firefox it never worked for us.

so please try in Internet Explorer it should work.

Note: Unfortunately it stopped working for us from 10/15/2012 onwards and we observed a recent change in onDemand Confluence. Waiting for support update on the new ticket :)

Thanks

Vinesh Narayanan

Susan Parker October 16, 2012

Vinesh, Thank you so much for posting. Unfortunately, this is not working for me in IE either. It is interesting that it stopped working for you with the updgrade to OnDemand Confluence. Please keep me posted. Can you provide me with a ticket number of your original support request?

0 votes
Susan Parker October 9, 2012

No answers. I think I need to report on support site - thought I had done that, but perhaps not.

0 votes
Joe Reyna September 13, 2012

I'm having this same problem. Any answers??

Susan Parker October 9, 2012

Please vote in favor of the bug fix here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26817

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events