Estimate - Change the value of "The original estimate of how much work is involved in resolving this issue"

Hello,

When creating an Issue, Users can see a field called Original Estimate. This field has the following description: The original estimate of how much work is involved in resolving this issue.

Is it possible to edit and update that description? I would like to add more details like: 1d = Small ; 3d=Medium ; etc...

For info, I've seen a configuration item for "Time Tracking" but didn't find the specific field for "Original Estimate"

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi all,

There is no such feature for now in JIRA.

Paul Greig, from Atlassian, raised an issue on their JIRA:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31757

Cheers,

This widget could not be displayed.

Here is what you can try to do:

1. Download and install the InProduct Translation plugin.

2. Open Create Issue screen on new tab

3. Start the InProduct translation by going to Username > Switch On Translations

4. Disable the plugin after the changes.

Thanks Zulfadli,

I am currently using On-Demand, and according to the plugin page this is not for On-Demand versions.

I'll do some research to see if it is possible to apply the same logic ("translate" the page and then remove the plugin), but for an On-Demand instance.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

150 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you