Error while resetting searcher: ISSUE message: this IndexReader is closed

Edouard Dorcier April 20, 2017

Hi I got this error in my JIRA instance. Then CPU usage got to 100% and I had to reboot the instance. After this no problem but I would like to know if there are some reason to this error (did not find something after 6.3.8 version).

Current instance version is 7.1.2.

Here is the stacktrace :

org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader is closed
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.ensureOpen(IndexReader.java:263)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.decRef(IndexReader.java:237)
	at com.atlassian.jira.index.DelayCloseSearcher$SearcherCloser.decReaderRef(DelayCloseSearcher.java:86)
	at com.atlassian.jira.index.DelayCloseSearcher$SearcherCloser.close(DelayCloseSearcher.java:72)
	at com.atlassian.jira.index.DelayCloseable$Helper.checkClosed(DelayCloseable.java:102)
	at com.atlassian.jira.index.DelayCloseable$Helper.close(DelayCloseable.java:87)
	at com.atlassian.jira.index.DelayCloseSearcher.close(DelayCloseSearcher.java:55)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache.closeSearcher(SearcherCache.java:63)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache.closeSearchers(SearcherCache.java:53)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.flushThreadLocalSearchers(DefaultIndexManager.java:990)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.searchers.ThreadLocalSearcherCache.resetSearchers(ThreadLocalSearcherCache.java:31)
	... 41 filtered
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks for your answer !

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

I think that one is too old, and related to the lock file and descriptor 

Suggest an answer