Error when trying to subscribe to a tag in Atlassian Answers via RSS

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

As subscribing to a tag/label in Atlassian answers results in a bunch of e-mails, I tried to subscribe via RSS. This is what I did:

• I selected a tag (e.g. jira-agile).
  • On the page with the list of recent questions, I clicked the link "Questions" underneath "Follow by RSS".

That took me to the following page: https://answers.atlassian.com/cq/questions.action?&filter=recent&topicId=753743&type=rss&os_authType=basic

• Subscribing via Live Bookmarks worked.
  • Outlook resulted in the error: "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".
  • Feedly showed me a page with no content.

I tried to add the RSS link directly to Feedly by just pasting the link mentioned above. This resulted in the error "Sorry. No feed found. Please try searching for another url, title or #topic.".

What am I doing wrong?
Kirstin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Clark September 22, 2014

Hi @Kirstin Seidel-Gebert,

It looks like the URL generated by that link will require a username and password in order to view the RSS feed - however, it's broken on this site because of our integration with Atlassian ID.

To get the right URL, you need to remove the "&os_authType=basic" bit from the end of it.  So, you should actually use: https://answers.atlassian.com/cq/questions.action?&filter=recent&topicId=753743&type=rss

Even when I do use this URL though, I can't get it to work in Feedly.  I am able to get it working in my OSX RSS reader, Vienna:

Vienna__234_Unread_.png

I'll try with Internet Explorer and see if I get the same error as you.

Joseph Clark September 22, 2014

Yep, I get the same error in Internet Explorer! There must be some kind of bug in the RSS content - actually I just found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1376 so it looks like other people are having the same problem.

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Thanks, Joseph. I started watching the mentioned issue and voted for it. I hope this will be fixed soon.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2014

Nobody's got an idea?

Normally I'm using Firefox.
Meanwhile I tried to subscribe using Chrome and Internet Explorer. Chrome shows the source code of the RSS feed and Internet Explorer reports "Internet Explorer cannot display this feed - This feed contains code errors."

Seems to me, that there's something wrong with the feed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events