Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error recognising word format during import

Gerhard le Roux May 22, 2017

I have used the word import tool a number of times. But recently I get an error message during the selection of the word file telling me "Only Word documents can be imported". Needless to say the file is obviously a word file. I have tried this with a range of dummy files (docx, word 97 and rtf) and with content being a simple hello-world sentence, but still get the same results. Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 22, 2017

Hi Gerhard -- what product is this about? I can tag it so you can find an answer.

Gerhard le Roux June 27, 2017

Sorry for late response, the message got lost in my mail. This is for confluence.

mikeec11 May 1, 2020

Hi @Gerhard le Roux @Monique vdB , did this question ever get resolved?  I am a new user and having the same problem

Mike

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hi @mikeec11 - welcome to the Community! I just want to verify that you're on Confluence Cloud as well (URL ends in atlassian.net) vs Confluence Server (url might be something like wiki.yourcompany.com).

Would you also be able to provide the following?

1. A screenshot of the error you see when trying to import into Confluence
  2. A copy of the file (either uploaded to Google Drive / Dropbox / etc or emailed to me directly - deads at atlassian.com). If you can reproduce the problem with a new Word document that just says "hello" or something, even better!

Thanks very much - looking forward to figuring out what's going on here!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events