Error integrating with Jira

Lawrence Na January 29, 2013

I'm getting the error below during the setup wizard while trying to configure the integration with Jira:

2013-01-30 09:34:54,250 ERROR - Failed to setup JIRA integration: java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERInteger cannot be cast to org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Sequence

com.atlassian.fisheye.jira.setup.JiraSetupException: Failed to setup JIRA integration: java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERInteger cannot be cast to org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Sequence

I'm an Administrator for Jira OnDemand.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

Hi Lawrence,

JIRA OnDemand can only connect to other applications through port 80 or 443 only.

Please make sure that your Site URL is set to port 80 or 443 too.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013
Lawrence Na February 3, 2013

Initially i was stuck in step 2. But adding a proxy with port 80 solve it and allow me to proceed to step 3.

Foong
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2013

Please try adding the following parameter into the proxy server:

LogLevel debug
ProxyRequests           Off
ProxyPreserveHost       On

and remove the IP address in the 'http bind' in your config.xml

0 votes

Hi Nic,

Basically i've installed Fisheye on my on server running Linux. I'm experiencing the error above on the last step(Step 3) of the setup wizard where i have the options to choose Set Users and Trust.

When i choose "These servers fully trust each other" i'm getting the error above in the log.

Yeap, that is my guess as well. I've told them it's a bug either in Fisheye or Jira side, currently awaiting for their feedback. It's Foong that has been assign to my ticket.

Will feedback once i get an answer from them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2013

Ok, well, that looks like an SSL authentication error to me. This will either be a certificate problem (i.e. Fisheye doesn't have the right certificate or certificate authority to see your Jira) or an authentication error based on Fisheye or Jira not having the right to log into the other system.

In our Jira OnDemand...it is linked to Confluence...

And yes, Fisheye is able to reach Jira and vice versa. Or else we won't be able to proceed to step 3.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2013

Mmm, you don't know that it's a bug. Can you reach Jira from your Fisheye server? On the right port? Can Jira be linked to other applications?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2013

You don't tell us what you are trying to "integrate" or where really.

If it's two OnDemand systems that you own, then you need to talk to Atlassian OnDemand support. If not, and you want help here, then you need to tell us what the systems are and give us at least an outline of how they're configured and what you've done so far.

Suggest an answer