Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 128 after removing local branch (bug?)

tonka February 21, 2014

Hy,

I'm new to git (used svn before). I play around with git for a while (command-line) and now i want to switch to Source Tree. This app is really nice. But now i have a little problem with it.

I clone my test-git-repo from github. It is an simple repo with some text-files with a few lines in it. I made a local branch (mybranch). Make two commits. I've changed the same line in the master-branch (to cause a merge conflict - because i want to test this scenario). When i merge (or merge with rebase checked) i get my conflict and i fixed it with the interal tools from source tree. After this step i want to remove the branch (mybranch). I checkout the master and make a right click onto 'mybranch' and click 'delete mybranch'. In the popup window i will not check the 'force remove' checkbox and then i press remove. After this the Source tree starts printing the error message "'git log' failed with code 128:'fatal:bad revison 'mybranch'' " every time i do something in source tree. I can only fix that if i close the actual repo-window and start the same repo from the start-window of source tree where i can add/select my repo.

Did i do something wrong? or is this a bug?

This error is reproduceable.

My setup:

Source Tree: V1.8.1
Git: Embedded version (1.8.4.2)

Thanks in advance

Tonka

1 answer

0 votes
mikepfl September 17, 2015

Same problem here Sept 2015.

Version 2.0.5.2 (2.0.5.2)

Suggest an answer