Environment data no longer being included in bug when using Bonfire extension to report

Laura Alter May 3, 2013

Hi there -

We have been customizing our JIRA instance and I am wondering if we did something to make the automatic reporting of environment data no longer work when using the Bonfire extension to report a bug.

I would love some help to get this back! :)

When reporting an issue using the Bonfire extension, I ensure that the "Include environment data" box is checked, but the reported issue then shows this area as blank on the resulting captured bug. Everything else is accurate as it was typed in the extension sidebar.

I have tested this in Safari and Firefix on Mac AND I can tell you this WAS working prior to doing customizations in our JIRA instance, which is why I believe this is cause by something we did.

Any ideas on how I can fix? Thank you for your help! Happy to answer any clarifying questions.

Laura

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Alter May 11, 2013

Resolution: It was a permissions issue. All fixed. Thanks for the help!

1 vote
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Hey Laura! Can you tell which customizations exactly you did to your instance? This is most likely to be related to JIRA itself than Bonfire. Have you by any chance changed the Default Field Configuration? Note that Bonfire fields must not be hidden, and by default, are not associated with any screen.

Cheers,

Laura Alter May 5, 2013

Hi Jeison -

Thanks! You are probably right, and I am not sure exactly what was done to reverse this.

Is there a way to restore everything to default that is related to the fields and screens? I can't lose our users and existing bug data, but would love to reset everything else...

Thanks for your help!

ETA: There is a custom text field that we added that is not showing on the default screen as it used to/should (probably circa the Bonfire fields disappearing), and when I use the "where's my field" search (which autofills the custom field text just fine), I get this error:

"The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation."

I get the same error when I search for any Bonfire field.

Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Laura,

I think you might have deleted the Bonfire fields (and your custom one). Also, I'm afraid there's no way to simply restore the configurations to default, so please try re-indexing your instance first, and if that doesn't work, raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com to have an engineer's help.

Cheers

Laura Alter May 6, 2013

Update: I filed a ticket. Thanks for your help! :)

0 votes
Laura Alter May 3, 2013

Not sure if it's okay to bump this, but hoping for an answer! :) Can I answer any questions to help find the answer?

0 votes
Laura Alter May 3, 2013

Not sure if it's okay to bump this, but hoping for an answer! :) Can I answer any questions to help find the answer?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events