Entering period character

David Stubbs December 3, 2014

Very odd behavior.

I am unable to directly enter a period character "." at the end of text while editing a page.

I must enter a space character, then use the left arrow key to back up and drop in the ".".

IE 11.0.9600.17420 w/11.014 update

Any clues?

Thanks very much!

David Stubbs
HP

4 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

This seems to be a problem with Confluence.  Here is a reported issue.   Is your issue with Confluence as well?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31609

0 votes
David Stubbs December 4, 2014

Works fine for me in Chrome and IE 8.  Removed and re-installed IE 11 (with Enterprise add-on), but still cannot enter a period character as the last character in a page text area.  Sigh.

0 votes
David Stubbs December 3, 2014

Hi Norman! I am sure of nothing. I don’t have the problem while entering text in other IE fields. If you have remote control capability, I would be happy to have you join me and watch or type for yourself. It’s very unusual, I think. I’ve never seen the behavior before anywhere. Thanks for writing! David Stubbs

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Where are you seeing this behavior? Are you sure it is not some IE add-on causing this behavior?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events