Enabling Smart Commits on an Existing Repository

Daiwei Li March 20, 2013

I would like to enable smart commits on an exisiting repository I just added to my Crucible that has many commits tagged with smart commit commands such as creating reviews. If I enable smart commits, will these past commits be processed, i.e. will they create reviews and perform JIRA actions?

All these past commits have already been reviewed as part of another Crucible instance.

For reference, I'm running Fisheye/Crucible 2.7.4.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

Since FeCru performs a repository scan in minutes based times, I believe that if you enable Smart Commits, old commits that already have the necessary tags will be included.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

0 votes
Daiwei Li April 30, 2013

Thanks Lucas! I tried re-enabling smart commits both before and after the repository had been scanned. In the before case, the smart commit commands were applied (and hundreds of reviews on old commits were created, as well as e-mails sent :( ). In the after case, the smart commit commands were not applied.

For context, I ran into this situation because some files in Fecru's cache were screwed up from an unclean shutdown, so I wiped the cache without considering the ramifications.

Daiwei Li May 17, 2013

Actually, I'm not sure I understand why old commits are processed. What's the use case for creating reviews from old commits? If you move a repository to a new crucible server, you probably don't want old commits to have their tags processed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events