Emails not coming when assigned to a user

Akshay Relan October 29, 2012

Whenever we assign any task to a user, the Emails are not generated

However emails are generated when we share the issue, SO Emails are working fine only when an issue is shared and not when it is assigned or any comment is placed

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Found the issue -> The notification scheme and everything else were perfectly fine, it was just that no notification scheme was attached with any project, ideally default notifiction scheme should be attached but it was not attached

0 votes

Yes, Users satisfy these conditions and they also have email me set in their profiles.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2012

What does the notification scheme for the project say should be going out? Look for the "assign" and "comment" lines in there to see who should be emailed on those events.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2012

So do the users who are not getting the emails match one or many of those conditions?

Also, the users not getting the emails - are they doing the actions themselves? If so, can you check that they have "email me on my changes" set in their profiles?

All fields in notification scheme says

No the issue was that no notification scheme was associated, even the default was not associated with new projects. I didnt knew that we also have to assign the default notification scheme, after assigning the emails worked fine

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2012

Ah, so the issue was that you were looking at the wrong notification scheme because the right one hadn't been associated! (Exactly what I was struggling with last week, as I misread the project config completely)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events