Email sync for Atlas CRM?

Does anybody know if Atlas CRM is able to sync with Gmail?  Considering using it as a CRM and need to have emails pulled into Company/Contact records in the CRM.

Thanks

1 answer

Hi Nick,

No, Atlas CRM does not have the ability to sync with Gmail yet. Communication with the customer is the next big thing we are going to tackle in Atlas CRM.

We're currently in the research and design phase for the communication features. We're interviewing users to find out how we can help them manage their communication in Atlas CRM. And we have started designing some possible outcomes for this functionality.

If you, or anyone else reading this post, would like to give us input on what this functionality should look like. Or if you want to receive updates when we are shipping a first version, feel free to create an issue in our JIRA Service Desk: https://avisi-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10

Cheers,
Maarten

Thanks Maarten

Hi Nick,

Our roadmap has changed after some recent developments. Gert-Jan wrote about some of it on our blog.

Communication has been pushed back to make room for a much needed architectural improvement which we named 'Unified Experience'. 

This improvement will solve a number of issues with the Confluence integration and improve the overall experience of the add-on. And it will make it much easier for us to build the communication functionality.

You can keep an eye on our roadmap here, or if you want us to keep you in the loop, send us a message in our service desk.

Hi, Maarten! Wondering if you have decided to completely go away from this feature of syncing mail into the Atlas CRM. We are currently deciding if we should switch to Atlas/Confluence to unify our entire company on the same platform.

Hi Scott,

We have made a first step in the direction of this functionality by adding comments to Atlas CRM. You can now place comments on companies, contacts and sales. These comments can include email, chat and phone conversations.

There is no active synchronization with email yet, so it's currently only possible to add this by hand. We know that this is not ideal, but it's the best we can do for now.

We hope to improve this in the future. We've experimented with a Gmail integration, but found that we were not quite ready to fully implement it. And ideally we would come up with a solution that works for other email providers as well.

Hi Maarten - I am using the comment feature now and it is a good improvement.

I would be very interested in a "BCC" email option that would intelligently place comments when I email a customer.

For example, if every AtlastCRM instance got assigned an email address for their company. Say, for AtlasCRM company "Acme Tires", AtlasCRM assigned the email "acmetires-comments@atlascrm.cloud". This email address would only be email-able BY Acme Tires registered users. And then anything emailed would AUTOMATICALLY be added as a comment to any contact that was in the "TO:" of the email.

Further example:

TO: bob@newtrucking.com

BCC: acmetires-comments@atlascrm.cloud

FR: jim_sales@acmetires.com

SUB: Follow-up on the sales discussion

BODY: Hey Bob, just following up - feel free to email or call me anytime!

This would then AUTOMATICALLY add this email content to the contact "Bob@newtrucking" in the Acme Tires AtlasCRM. 

I can then use this BCC address when I email everyone and it would automatically build comments in my CRM. That would be VERY helpful.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Agile

Are you a Jira Service Desk agent? We want to talk to you!

Are you a whiz at handling tickets and looking at how you can further optimize your workflow with automation? Do you tackle detailed customer support questions while simultaneously getting flooded wi...

52 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you