Email services supporting both components and allow you to specify a specific assignee via handler parameters?

Deleted user October 18, 2011

Any Atlassian bods know whether the email service handlers will be upgraded to allow for a specific assignee (currently now default to Project Lead) or you will be able to specify a certain component value (currrently not possible).

as of now, our main workflow is set up so we have a main issue queue for bugs, and each issue is assigned a component and the developer responsible for this component sees it on his or hers personal dashboard. We receive quite a few emails too, and would like to be able to create issues from these emails. But to do this we would have to be able to specify components. i realize that these email handler classes are now getting a bit long in the tooth, but it would be great to have this functionality added to them, to specify an assignee and a component. we could use the Jira REST API to do this, but we have already some email services running and the beauty about them is that they just work :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2011

JEMH supports a defaultComponent, and assigning to component owners first. And though I say so myself, I'd say JEMH is mature rather than aged :)

JEMH allows you to 'nominate' most fields including components, however, from what you say I'd expect you would want to automatically route some kinds of email to specific components, possibly based on address only. That isnt current implemented but could be.

0 votes
Deleted user October 26, 2011

Hey, thanks for that Andy! I'm gonna try this out. The email2issue load isn't heavy, and if I could easily forward mail to an address, specify components etc then I'm golden.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2011

Kinda. The default is just that, a per-handler default which kind of maps to the one and only 'default project'. If you're happy to inject subject stuff like #project=xyz #components="Some Component" or body leading content like @components=Some Component then yes you should be mildly saffron.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events