Email notification after x days an issue is in a given state (or do not get updated)

Hello.

We created a "blocked" state in our workflows. An issue in this state is waiting for an event to happen; we would like to get notified when that event does not happen for a fixed amount of time, e.g. 3 days.

If that is not possible easily, we could live with an email notification for all issues in a given state and that did not get modified in the last 3 days. I could easily create a filter for this last point, but I do not figure out a way to associate filter results to email notifications.

Is there a solution for either one of the two issues?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Both can be done with simple Jelly escalation scripts - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

This widget could not be displayed.

Thank you, this is my solution (which I still need to test) that adds a comment to an issue blocked for 5 days.

blockedFor5Days is: "status=Blocked AND updatedDate = -5d"

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira= "jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib" xmlns:core= "jelly:core" xmlns:log="jelly:log" >

<jira:Login username="..." password="...">

<log:warn>Check on blocked issues</log:warn>

<core:set var="blockedFor5Days" value="10000" />

<jira:RunSearchRequest filterid="${blockedFor5Days}" var="issues" />

<core:set var="blocked" value="blocked" />

<core:forEach var="issue" items="${issues}">

<core:set var="status" value="${issues.status}" />

<core:iftest="${blocked==status}">

<core:set var="comment">Issue blocked too long</core:set>

<jira:AddComment issue-key="${issue.key}" comment="${comment}"/>		

</core:if>

</core:forEach>

</jira:Login>

</JiraJelly>

I would expect this guy to send an email on the fifth day the issue is blocked. What do you think? I am currently running an on demand version, so I cannot test them right away. I will test as soon as we move to the downloadable version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

9 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you