Email Configuration

Deleted user September 2, 2012

I have read the documentation and need to confirm that I understand it correctly.

We have several projects and I have configured an email service and handler for each project, to enable the system to create new issues and update current issues in JIRA.

This is what I understand from the documentation one should do to be able to create NEW issues via email.

Is it possible to use only ONE email account for all the projects to create issues and update current issues via email?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jaan Raamets September 2, 2012

Its possible if you have one e-mail account, that has different e-mail aliases for every project. A'la jiraaccount@mycompany.com and project1@mycompany.com, project2@mycompany.com, project3@mycompany.com are its aliases. Catch email address (catchemail parameter) is for that case.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2012

No.

If you use one email address, the system has no way of knowing how to decide which project a NEW issue should go into. It's one incoming email address per project. This is simply because the default handlers in Jira are not spectacularly clever.

However, if you install the JEMH, that can be easily configured to parse emails with a wide range of rules. I'd seriously look at that if you want to do this. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

You could also write your own handlers, or find alternative plugins (I think JEMH has this market wrapped up though, and I can't recommend it enough...)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events