Editing issues often messes up the ranking

Mark Everest October 20, 2011

We have had this issue a lot over the last few weeks and it seems to be getting worse!

Our backlog has been prioritised by rank using the GH screens.

Very often, we suffer with items being re-ranked in the list without us doing so.

Examples that have occurred today:

• One user edited an issue in the normal jira screens and the item them moved to the bottom of the ranking.
  • Four highly ranked issues keep moving back down to the middle of the list randomly after we have re-prioritised - we have not edited these, but keep re-prioritising them, only to find out a bit later they have moved again.

I am now getting messages from an irritated user saying that she doesn't want to have to keep prioritising the backlog and that this issue is making GH unusable.

I've disabled the job that repairs the ranking field in an attempt to stiop this from happening, but it hasn't helped. With the repair enabled the problem still occurs.

Is there any kind of logging information I can look at to see why these issues have been re-ranked? Has anyone else reported this issue?

Please help!

Jira version is 4.2.4-b591

GreenHopper version is: 5.4.1

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ChrisA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2011

Hi Mark,

It looks like this was a bug that was fixed in GreenHopper version 5.6.6:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-2765

If you can upgrade to JIRA 4.3 and GreenHopper 5.6.6 or later, this will resolve the issue for you.

Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer