Editing Activity tab in view issue screen

As a part of UI customisation in JIRA 6.1.6, we need to hide all the tabs(i.e Comments, worklog, history,activity,commits,source,reviews) except tab "All". We then need to rename "All" to "Notes".

The motive is to consolidate all tabs into one "Notes" tab.

I have written js code which simply hides all the divs by their id and renames the "All" tab.

I have pasted it to viewissue.jsp file, but it does not seem to be working.

Please suggest if i need to use the script elsewhere , so that it may be reflected in View Issue screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

You can inject the javascript into the view context by writing a plugin. Or add it in the velocity templates in the view issue bundled plugin.

But an easier approach might be to disable the plugin modules and rename the "All" tab using the "In-Product Translations" plugin.

Having said that, I do not recommend this approach because loading the "All" tab everytime will have slightly negative impact on user experience as it will take more time to load the page. And it will be cluttered!

1 vote

Just step in to show the Feature Request created related to this:

Create a custom tab in JIRA issue view

It will help a lot if we can create a "custom" tab in the Activity session of the Issue View, so we can define which information is important to show to the customer or not.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

157 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot