Editing Activity tab in view issue screen

Alok Agnihotri April 1, 2014

Hi,

As a part of UI customisation in JIRA 6.1.6, we need to hide all the tabs(i.e Comments, worklog, history,activity,commits,source,reviews) except tab "All". We then need to rename "All" to "Notes".

The motive is to consolidate all tabs into one "Notes" tab.

I have written js code which simply hides all the divs by their id and renames the "All" tab.

I have pasted it to viewissue.jsp file, but it does not seem to be working.

Please suggest if i need to use the script elsewhere , so that it may be reflected in View Issue screen.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

You can inject the javascript into the view context by writing a plugin. Or add it in the velocity templates in the view issue bundled plugin.

But an easier approach might be to disable the plugin modules and rename the "All" tab using the "In-Product Translations" plugin.

Having said that, I do not recommend this approach because loading the "All" tab everytime will have slightly negative impact on user experience as it will take more time to load the page. And it will be cluttered!

1 vote
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Just step in to show the Feature Request created related to this:

Create a custom tab in JIRA issue view

It will help a lot if we can create a "custom" tab in the Activity session of the Issue View, so we can define which information is important to show to the customer or not.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Andre

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events