Eclipse connector throws SSLHandshakeException (was ~ has timeout when connecting to Jira 6.0)

TPD April 23, 2014

Hello,

Server is v6.0.8#6109-sha1:57cf099

IDE connector is

Atlassian JIRA Connector (Recommended) 3.2.2.v20130909 com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.jira.feature.group Atlassian

Eclipse Release is

Version: Kepler Service Release 2
Build id: 20140224-0627

Eclipse is configured to use system Proxy and the internal browser can connect to the Jira server.

But when doing "check credentials" in the Task Repository preferences I get a network timeout. There ar no additional network setting made in the Repositoty preferences.

what could be the reason why the connector cannot reach the server and how do I prove this?

[Edit 2014/Apr/30]: The Proxy/firewall issue seams to be solved, now I have a Authentication problem...

bye

Thomas

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot of your JIRA Task Repository configuration (proxy part)?

Could you also attach a screenshot of your Eclipse proxy settings?

If you want to make this conversation private then please raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com

The most likely reason is of course proxy misconfiguration but I need to know more details to say anything more.

Cheers,
Jacek

TPD April 28, 2014

The settings in the connector and in eclipse are kind of boring... ;o)

bye

Thomas

TPD April 28, 2014

Do I need the keys from your issue or from my companies jira server?

bye

Thomas

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

That looks OK but Eclipse proxy setting is also important. Can you please attach a screenshot?

WRT SSLHandshakeException it means that SSL certificate is not signed but trusted party. To fix this error you must add the SSL certificate to your java keystore. You can find detailed instruction at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PLE-1430?focusedCommentId=82612&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-82612

Cheers,
Jacek

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Definitely from your company JIRA server.

You can simply open JIRA page in the browser, click the "lock pad" icon and save the certificate.
Next you need to add this saved certificate to java keystore as described in the linked issue.

Cheers,
Jacek

TPD April 28, 2014

unfortunately the keytool wants me to set a password on that keystore but I don't want to deal with one more PW to forget...

So I added the cert via java-systemcontrol and restarted eclipse. but tis does not help... :o(

bye

Thomas

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Please make sure you have added the certificate to the correct java version if you have more than one installed on your computer. It should be the same version which is used by Eclipse.

Also, I did not use java-systemcontrol and cannot confirm it does the correct job.

Java keystore has default password "changeit". You need to provide it when you manipulate the keystore. No need to change it.

Cheers,
Jacek

0 votes
TPD April 25, 2014

outside of the customers network I get this error:

om.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

0 votes
TPD April 24, 2014

this is a customers PC in a customers network.

I'm not allowed to unse a network sniffer and I'm pretty sure that the customers IT will set my issure on top of the priority list... :o(

bye

Thomas

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Hi Thomas, did you try using a network sniffer to see what happens?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events