EazyBI Error. Cannot import custom fields with the same name: "Sprint Status"

glodon June 12, 2017

After i update the eazyBI plugin from 4.1.2 to 4.3.0, it cannot import the jira data again. The eazybi-queues.log is in this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44500880/eazybi-error-cannot-import-custom-fields-with-the-same-name-sprint-status

I found eazyBI add an Additional Sprint dimensions in 4.3.0, href: https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Software+custom+fields . Maybe it's a clue...
How can i fix this problem? My JIRA version is 6.3.8.

2 answers

0 votes
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

With eazyBI version 4.3. we support more accurate sprint scope tracking. We added a default hidden dimension Sprint Status representing statues of the spront - Future, Active, Closed needed to track sprint scope changes.

This is the reserved dimension name and we do not allow importing fields with the same name into eazyBI. 

We suggest using a workaround and renaming a field Sprint Status to any other name. Here are the suggested steps for this.

1. Export all report definitions. Save them as plain text outside of eazyBI.

2. Deselect the field Sprint Status from the import (any selection). Run an import.

3. Add a definition for the field into eazyBI advanced settings with a different name. You might need help from the Jira admin for this.

[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
name = "CF Sprint Status"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true

Please use Sprint status custom field ID instead of NNNNN in the definition. 

4. Select back a field with a new name for import. 

5. Replace a name Sprint Status > CF Sprint Status in report definitions. 

6. Import Report definitions with updated dimension names.

7. Run an import to make sure eazyBI default sprint scope measures use the correct Sprint Status dimension. 

Daina / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2021

Hi glodon,

Most likely you have another custom field that has the same name. I would check in the source import to ensure that there is no sprint status customfield anywhere else. 

Or try disabling the sprint information do the import and then re-import the fields again.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events