Easy BI: How to display open issues by end of day over time

Uwe Hebbelmann February 16, 2016

I would like to show a line chart of open issues over time. I tried Eazy BI's example "Created vs resolved issues", but the "Open issues" displayed there are incorrect or I do not understand what they stand for... The past values seem to be way to high. I'd like to see how many issues where open at the end of each day over time.

I have a JIRA query that returns all issues correctly. Now I need a way to bring that query to a chart against a given time period: 

project=BM AND status WAS IN (Open, Reopened) ON "2016/02/16 23:59"

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

Hi Uwe,

The 'Open issues' calculates number of unresolved issues at the end of corresponding Time dimension period as Issues created minus Issues resolved since beginning of time until end of selected time period.

To see historical issue status, like Open or Reopened, you would need to use the 'Issues in transition status' combined with Time and the statuses you are interested in from Transition Status dimension (you can add Transition Status also in Pages and select the statuses you are interested in). Please see example about historic issue status reporting here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/History+of+issue+statuses.

Let me know if you have further questions regarding this,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events